In this video, we explore the functions and features of the Fusion Splicer 90S+ that enable efficient, low-loss fusion splicing as well as some helpful tips and tricks for improving your splice process. This class will teach us:
- What is fiber alignment and why does it matter?
- The two types of fiber alignment: clad and core
- Choosing between and installing sheath clamps and fiber holders
- Choosing an operation mode for the fusion splicer
- Performing an arc calibration
- Choosing splice and heater modes according to your fiber
- How to prepare your fiber for splicing
- Using Active Blade Management (ABM) through Bluetooth
The Fusion Splicer 90S+ and CT50 cleaver were used for this guide.
For additional help with the fiber splicing process or detailed technical support, call our 24/7 helpline at 1-800-235-3423, Option 3.