Fusion splicing is a necessary process when working with optical fiber, and this video will teach you how to create a strong splice. Join us as we take you step by step through the process and learn:
- What is fusion splicing?
- Cleanliness to prevent fiber contamination
- Properly stripping fiber coating
- Using a fiber cleaver
- How to use the splicer and its clamps
- Properly applying a splice protector
- Using the heater oven on a fusion splicer
The Fusion Splicer 90S+ and cleaver were used for this guide, but the process is the same for any of our other fusion splicers and cleavers.
If you need additional help with the fiber splicing process or detailed technical support, call our 24/7 helpline at 1-800-235-3423, Option 3.