In this video, we explore the functions and features of the Fujikura 41S+ that enable efficient, low-loss fusion splicing as well as some helpful tips and tricks for improving your splice process. This class will teach us:
- What is cladding alignment?
- The two types of cladding alignment: passive and active
- Choosing between and installing sheath clamps and fiber holders
- Choosing an operation mode for the fusion splicer
- Performing an arc calibration
- Using Active Blade Management (ABM) through Bluetooth
- Using Active Fusion Control (AFC) and Warm Splice Imaging (WSI)
- Choosing splice and heater modes according to your fiber
- How to prepare your fiber for splicing
The Fusion Splicer 41S+ and CT50 cleaver were used for this guide.
For additional help with the fiber splicing process or detailed technical support, call our 24/7 helpline at 1-800-235-3423, Option 3.