As network bandwidth demands continue to grow, AFL strives to assist each and every customer in achieving scalable growth and effectively managing network costs through innovative solutions. Included herein is a study which identifies a number of key elements where new cable technology notably impacts fiber optic network installation and maintenance costs.
These key elements below represent just a few areas of primary cost savings:
- Rights-of-Way (pathway and facilities)/Lease cost reductions
- Longer cable lengths to reduce reel end splice points
- Reduced scrap via larger master reels and less residual lengths
- Decreased time for access splicing and cable preparation
- Faster installation speed and improved handling
In a recent high profile access project currently underway in metropolitan New York City, AFL was able to tangibly substantiate the value and savings associated with the key elements noted above.