Fill form to unlock content
Error - something went wrong!
As network bandwidth demands continue to grow, AFL strives to assist each and every customer in achieving scalable growth and effectively managing network costs through innovative solutions. Included herein is a study which identifies a number of key elements where new cable technology notably impacts fiber optic network installation and maintenance costs.
These key elements below represent just a few areas of primary cost savings:
- Rights-of-Way (pathway and facilities)/Lease cost reductions
- Longer cable lengths to reduce reel end splice points
- Reduced scrap via larger master reels and less residual lengths
- Decreased time for access splicing and cable preparation
- Faster installation speed and improved handling
In a recent high profile access project currently underway in metropolitan New York City, AFL was able to tangibly substantiate the value and savings associated with the key elements noted above.